Two weeks ago we rang in 2012. I am not accustomed to proclaiming a series of resolutions at the stroke of midnight every New Year. I will however become very introspective and conduct a State of My Union by asking some key questions:
- Who am I at this very moment? Am I the person I want to be?
- What lessons have I learned?
- When will all the hurdles I’ve been jumping be taken off the track?
- Where do I want to see myself in the months ahead?
- Why not try something new?
- How can I improve myself?
Checking in with myself is crucial for me to stay focused as I attempt to find balance in my life. This isn’t only an exercise for the beginning of a new calendar year but something that should be done on a regular basis. I thought I’d tackle one of the questions by trying something new with the creation of this blog. Maybe with the practice of writing on a more frequent basis I will be able to answer the other questions as well.
Ready, set, go….