Poet Maya Angelou has shared her brilliance through her words for decades. On an episode of Oprah’s Master Class Dr. Angelou dropped some knowledge that we could all take to heart. There was no iambic pentameter or sonnets recited. She simply spoke of her own life lessons; prescriptions worth taking. Digest:
- When someone tells you “I am selfish, I am mean, I am unkind” believe them. When people show you who they are believe them.
- “Potential” isn’t a quality, it’s a fantasy. Erase it from your Life Partner List of pros and cons.
- All secrets are control strategies. If someone’s keeping secrets from you, you’re being controlled and that’s not love.
- Don’t have mud on your wings. Don’t let bad energy block your fullest highest expression of yourself.
- Look for the experience, not the feeling. Look for the experience, not the excitement. Love doesn’t have to fix you or change you.
- Do not let yourself be surrounded by people who will peck you to death.
- Don’t let the past hold you hostage. Forgiving is giving up the hope that the past could be ay different.